Crater Constellation

Yesterday was cloudiest of sky that i have ever seen it as in the past month...but lovely downpour this morning.

I was just going through the pictures that I have taken already and surprisingly I found some hidden details, some really good one for me ðŸ™‚

I have been concentrating on Spica, as it is one of the bright stars and I did not recognise another faint constellation that has been visible all along in my pictures - CRATER. To my credit, It was not visible to the naked eye though....very faint stars!

Crater is a small constellation in the southern celestial hemisphere. Its name is the latinization of the Greek krater, a type of cup used to water down wine. One of the 48 constellations listed by the second-century astronomer Ptolemy, it depicts a cup that has been associated with the god Apollo and is perched on the back of Hydra the water snake. 

Comments

Popular Posts